“What the hell is going on?” You just stole the Star Trek logo. ”
Yesterday, US President Donald Trump proudly presented to the public a new emblem of the Space Forces – a special type of US armed forces designed for military operations in outer space.
“After a discussion with our military leaders, designers, and other specialists, I am pleased to present the new emblem of the US Space Forces, the sixth kind of our magnificent armed forces.“
The emblem includes a schematic representation of a rocket against the backdrop of the globe, satellite and stars. Roman numerals indicate the year of formation of troops – 2019.
They immediately began to compare it with an incredibly similar emblem from the cult science fiction series Star Trek.
Moreover, users are not shy in the expressions in the comments directly under the post of Trump:
- Are you kidding?
- Yeah! I want all this merch!
- Lol, did you just copy the Star Trek logo?
- It seems to smack of copyright infringement
- Idiots! This is the Starfleet logo
- It looks like Star Trek lawyers will contact you shortly
- What the hell is going on? You just stole the Star Trek logo
There are a lot of similar comments on the Web.