By default, macOS must be allowed to install software not only from the App Store and from installed developers, but also from third-party sources. If this is not done, an error will appear.
Previously, for this it was enough to simply open the System Preferences, go to Protection and Security, where there was a necessary item in the block “Allow the use of programs downloaded from”. Now he is gone.
This function was not removed from macOS, but simply hid the item from the menu.
How to enable installation of applications from all sources on macOS
Gatekeeper technology does not allow installing an application from a third-party source. Its essence is that you can not accidentally install malicious software. But we are experienced users, so we can afford to disable Gatekeeper.
It’s easy. Open Terminal and copy this command there:
sudo spctl –master-disable
Now when you start the application from an unknown source, macOS will simply ask you if you are sure that it is worth running.
Developer: Telestream, Inc.
Developer’s site: Telestream – ScreenFlow
Activation: Lifetime licensed
System requirements: Intel-based Mac with 64-bit processor.
macOS High Sierra 10.13 +
Add. Information: After the video is recorded, it can be edited in the built-in editor. It makes it possible to darken and highlight an area of the screen to focus the viewer, or focus on the mouse cursor, crop the edges of the video, add shadows and reflections, adjust the sound level and much more.
As you can see, the program immediately offers to simultaneously record sound from a microphone or built-in camera, which is undoubtedly very convenient. During recording, you can immediately give comments and advice, which greatly simplifies the process.
After you clicked on the big red button, a nice window appears, giving you a few seconds to prepare, or to cancel the recording.
You can stop recording by clicking on the program icon hiding in the tray.
As well as in the older brother of all editors – FCP, we can swap clips on the timeline, cut and set the priority. The great thing is that the Cmd + Z command is supported, familiar to all users of FCP X.
By simply dragging the mark in the center of the screen, we can rotate our video. When working with video, you can adjust its “approximation” relative to the screen and brightness. You can crop the picture around the edges using the Cropping command. As in any “adult” editor, you can adjust the color balance. So we can add video filters, of which there is a very decent amount. In the audio tab, you can change the output sound level and apply effects.
• High recording quality and better screen capture, including Retina displays.
• Advanced algorithms exclusively encode areas of change on the screen, so you can capture the entire screen with high quality and save it in a small file.
• ScreenFlow is optimized for widespread use of the best OS X technologies, such as: Core Audio, QuickLook, Spotlight, QTKit, Quartz Composer, OpenGL and Core Image Data, Automator, Core Data and many others.
• Timer recording allows you to set the duration in minutes and seconds.
• Pause mode allows you to easily pause and resume the recording process seamlessly.
• And a bunch of other things, including a powerful editor and export via GPU.