Release Year: 2018
Developer: Telestream, Inc.
Developer’s site: Telestream – ScreenFlow
Activation: Lifetime licensed
System requirements: Intel-based Mac with 64-bit processor – Core i3+ recommended.
OS X El Capitan 10.11 +
Minimum 2 GB RAM
20 GB hard drive
Apple macOS approved graphics card3,4 required
Cameras using the HDV codec are not supported
ScreenFlow – create your own screencasts
It happens that you need to record a video from the screen for any informational purposes, or explain to a dull friend how and what is done in his freshly bought poppy. Just then the question arises – how to do this? Here ScreenFlow is revealed in all its splendor.
A simple but extremely powerful program for capturing and recording video from the desktop. ScreenFlow 8 is great for demonstrating the capabilities of the program, recording podcasts, video lessons, etc. In addition to capturing video from the screen, the program allows you to record sound from a connected microphone.
Add. Information: After the video is recorded, it can be edited in the built-in editor. It makes it possible to darken and highlight an area of the screen to focus the viewer, or focus on the mouse cursor, crop the edges of the video, add shadows and reflections, adjust the sound level and much more.
As you can see, the program immediately offers to simultaneously record sound from a microphone or built-in camera, which is undoubtedly very convenient. During recording, you can immediately give comments and advice, which greatly simplifies the process.
After you clicked on the big red button, a nice window appears, giving you a few seconds to prepare, or to cancel the recording.
You can stop recording by clicking on the program icon hiding in the tray.
As well as in the older brother of all editors – FCP, we can swap clips on the timeline, cut and set the priority. The great thing is that the Cmd + Z command is supported, familiar to all users of FCP X.
By simply dragging the mark in the center of the screen, we can rotate our video. When working with video, you can adjust its “approximation” relative to the screen and brightness. You can crop the picture around the edges using the Cropping command. As in any “adult” editor, you can adjust the color balance. So we can add video filters, of which there is a very decent amount. In the audio tab, you can change the output sound level and apply effects.
• High recording quality and better screen capture, including Retina displays.
• Advanced algorithms exclusively encode areas of change on the screen, so you can capture the entire screen with high quality and save it in a small file.
• ScreenFlow is optimized for widespread use of the best OS X technologies, such as: Core Audio, QuickLook, Spotlight, QTKit, Quartz Composer, OpenGL and Core Image Data, Automator, Core Data and many others.
• Timer recording allows you to set the duration in minutes and seconds.
• Pause mode allows you to easily pause and resume the recording process seamlessly.
• And a bunch of other things, including a powerful editor and export via GPU.