Currently macOS Catalina 10.15 is officially in beta testing. But this does not prevent those who wish to install the OS on their computer. For those who want to make a clean installation of the operating system, you need to make the installation media.
Constant updating of operating systems to the latest version leads to clogging of the hard disk and, as a result, lack of free space. That is why I recommend a clean installation of operating systems.
But sometimes there are times when it is necessary to update.
Today macOS Catalina is the latest Apple OS. But The method for creating bootable media for macOS 10.15 is no different from the previously released macOS 10.14 Mojave.
For this we need a Terminal:
1. Run the program, enter sudo and do not forget to put a space
2. Click the right mouse button on the macOS Catalina image file and select “Show package contents”. In the window that opens, find the file createinstallmedia and drag it into the Terminal window.
3. Next, type the command –volume, put a space and drag the icon of the previously created flash drive into the Terminal window.
4. Type the command –applicationpath, put a space, drag the image with macOS 10.15 into the Terminal window.
5. Press Enter. To confirm the action you need to use the Y button
Now you have to wait pretty much – the creation procedure takes a lot of time, on average, from 10 to 30 minutes.